Skip to main content

Perfect Fall Makeup

As today is the first day of fall I thought what a perfect time to share some of my favourite fall products. Fall is probably my favourite time of year, mostly because it's still warm but I can wear sweaters and boots. Even though this season is probably the shortest in Canada because it could snow any day now, I still try to enjoy it. In honour of the new season, I treated myself today to my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the year. Now let's get to the makeup. 

With the change of the season, it's time to change up your look. I always go for more browns and burgundy shades on my eyes and of course a dark lip. I went through my favourite brands and go to products and listed them down below. Most of these are my daily look (since I tend to wear a dramatic eye even during the day). Hope that you find some inspiration here, I went through all of my products that change with the season. I left out foundation, concealer, highlight, eyeliner,  and mascara because they are pretty constant and I don't usually change it up.

Eyes

Make Up For Ever
Make Up For Ever has some of my favourite fall eyeshadows. These shadows go for $25 CAD and they are larger than most shadow pans. I found all of these shades in last year's Christmas palette. Good thing the shades themselves weren't limited edition! I'll try and link all of the shades to Sephora because the names of the colours are only numbers. 

I-550 Olive Gray
S-522 Pinky Nude
I-528 Pearl
I-524 Pinky Beige 
D-826 Fig
I-622 Amber Brown

For a daily look, I like to wear the olive gray colour in my crease, fig on the outer corner of my eye,  pinky beige on the inner corner, and highlight my brow bone with pearl. I then blend fig and pinky beige under my eyes. 

Too Faced
If you know Too Faced I'm sure you know of their chocolate bar palettes. The brand is known for their cute packaging and chocolate scented products. My favourite fall go-to palette is the original Chocolate Bar Eye Palette. This palette goes for $59 CAD. There are so many beautiful browns that you can wear anywhere. I find this palette a staple in my collection, even into other seasons. You seriously need this in your life!

Blush

M.A.C. Cosmetics
My go to blush for fall is from MAC. I like to wear Fever because of it being such a beautiful wearable matte burgundy. It costs $23 CAD which is totally affordable for me compared to some other brands.

Lips

M.A.C. Cosmetics
Be prepared, most of my fall lipsticks are from MAC.

Velvet Teddy - Deep tone beige.
Whirl - Dirty rose.
Men Love Mystery - Lavender violet.
Fashion Revival - Sadly this was a limited edition shade.
Heroine - Bright purple.


Kat Von D
My favourite liquid lipsticks are by Kat Von D. The liquid lipsticks cost $24 CAD. Liquid lipsticks are my go to for lips because once it dries it's not going anywhere. I tend to wipe my mouth a lot so I need something that won't smudge. All the shades I have listed below are all her Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks.

Lolita - It took me over a year to warm up to this shade but now it is easily one of my favourites.
Mother - Now this is my all time favourite lip colour. I still haven't found a colour I love more.
Exorcism - The newest addition to my collection.

I have two other Kat Von D lipsticks that I like to wear in the fall. These are part of the studded kiss line and are $26 CAD each.

Mercy - Metallic
Prayer - Matte

Anastasia Beverly Hills
So I have to shades from ABH, both of which are purple. (Can we tell I'm a fan of a purple lip?). These liquid lipsticks are $26 CAD.

Vintage - Rich vibrant berry.
Madison - Vibrant plum-magenta (like how perfect does that sound?).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites

So November is over, and Christmas is almost here. I'm not the biggest fan of Christmas, and I'm still missing Halloween. But Christmas means new makeup, and I'm all for that. I haven't had time to try new products (or the money), so most of my favourites are older products that I just can't get enough of. This month my skin has been so dry that products I initially thought I loved ended up not working for me anymore. If you live in Canada, you know how horrible our winters are (unless you live in B.C., then you don't understand). This year in Saskatchewan we've had barely any snow, and it hasn't been that cold. But since everything hasn't frozen over, everything hasn't died yet, so my allergies have been horrible. Favourites  My first favourite isn't makeup related which I know, surprising. It's essential oils. I never thought I would jump this hard onto the bandwagon. Because my allergies have been so bad I've been getting a lot

Colour Correcting 101

So it seems colour correcting is the new trendy makeup fad. But it can also be very useful to help complete your look or combat unwanted redness that your foundation just can't cover. I'll go through the most common colour correcting products and explain how they work and what it can do for you. If  you feel like this is too much for you, don't worry it's not necessary. I would only recommend this if you have very problematic skin or want to look completely flawless. I think most brands now have come out with their own colour correcting products, so it shouldn't be hard to pick up a product! So by looking at a basic colour wheel you can see how colour correcting works. The colour you are wanting to combat, you use the colour on the opposite side of the wheel. Even with this basic understanding, you are now an expert on colour correcting! But you can keep reading to see how to use the products for each problem. Source: http://www.westhoughtonartgroup.com/wp-con

Too Faced Sweet Peach Collection

One of the biggest problems I have with Too Faced is that they always release Ulta exclusive palettes. I live in Canada, so I can't get these items, and I'm especially not buying anything from their website and paying almost double for the product because of the exchange rate and duty. But this collection was available at Sephora so I was thrilled I could pick it up. I recently picked up some of the items from this collection. I wanted to get my hands on the eyeshadow palette the first time it came out, but it sold out too quickly that I missed it. This time I picked up the eyeshadow palette and two of the lipglosses. I wanted to get Papa Don't Peach and the contour palette, but I just didn't have the money to buy the entire collection. So I chose the items that I wanted most out of the entire collection. Sweet Peach Eye Shadow Palette $59 I was completely on the fence about if I should purchase this palette or not. I had heard from some people that the palette doe