Skip to main content

BECCA x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Review



I finally got my hands on the newest items in the ChampagneCollection. I’ve been a fan of Jaclyn Hill for only about a year, but since then I’ve wanted to support her. I know she’s done other collaborations with other companies but because I live in Canada, those have ended up being too expensive after the U.S. to Canadian dollar conversion, shipping and handling, and finally duty. When she first announced the collab I was head over heels in love. I purchased the Champagne Pop Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed which retails for $46 CAD when it was still believed to be limited edition. And I also purchased the highlight palette that came out at Christmas (which I’ve hit pan on but I’m still using Champagne Pop mixed with Pearl every day). Then the Face Palette was announced along with the Eyeshadow Palette (which was pulled), the Shimmering Skin Perfector Poured, and the liquid Shimmering Skin Perfector. Out of these, the only thing I decided not to purchase was the Shimmering Skin Perfector Poured as I’m not a fan of creamy highlighters as I like to set my entire face with powder. The eyeshadow palette I received was one of the good ones. I was very pleased with the colours and formula as I have never tried Becca eyeshadow before.

The extension of the line was announced a couple weeks ago on Jaclyn Hill’s Snapchat. The extension included 4 Shimmering Skin Perfector & Mineral Blush Split Pans, 3 Shimmering Skin Perfector Slimlights, and an angled highlighting brush. The only item I didn’t purchase were the Shimmering Skin Perfector Slimlights. They retail for $34 CAD and come in Champagne Pop, Topaz, and Pearl. These didn’t say limited edition so I decided not to purchase them right away as I’m not exactly sure how much I would use them.

Champagne Splits
The split pans come in 4 duos: Champagne Pop & Flowerchild, Champagne Pop & Hyacinth, Prosecco Pop & Amaretto, and Prosecco Pop & Pamplemousse. These retail for $46 CAD, which is the same price as the highlighters. I decided to purchase all of these as I don’t have many blushes. These smaller pans seemed ideal for me. This way I could try 4 new blushes without purchasing the full sizes.

There has been a lot of negative reviews about the reformulation of the Mineral Blush in Flowerchild. Becca was not hiding anything when they decided to use the new formula in this split pan. They even made a tweet that they are reformulating all of their mineral blushes because the formula they are using now doesn’t last that long. I wasn’t concerned when I heard that this blush was being reformulated as most companies are constantly fixing their formulations all the time if they can improve them. Not everyone is a chemist and so we can’t act like we know everything by reading the ingredients list. There was no being shady during this process and I think Becca was honest with what they were doing.

Champagne Pop & Flowerchild: This was the one that was the hardest for me to get my hands on. Even after it was released late on Sephora.com it was still not available on Sephora.ca! The other 3 had been delivered to my house before this one became available. But I have to say it was worth the wait. This is definitely my favourite split pan out of the 4. I can't get enough of Champagne Pop and Flowerchild is just the perfect light pink blush for day to day. 

Champagne Pop & Hyacinth: Hyacinth is seriously the most rad hot pink blush. I've got the least use out of this one, mostly because I work in an office and try to keep my makeup a little tame.  This colour just works so well with Champagne Pop. 

Prosecco Pop & Amaretto: Prosecco Pop was the perfect edition to the highlight family. It's such beautiful golden highlight. It goes perfectly with Amaretto which is just a lovely neutral blush that can be worn with any look. It's the perfect go-to blush if you're wanting a more natural look or just can't decide on a blush to use.

Prosecco Pop & Pamplemousse: Pamplemousse is a beautiful bright pink. I like to wear this one on the weekends when I'm going out with a bright pink lip. Prosecco Pop compliments this colour so well. 

Overall with these split pans, I thought that each blush/highlight duo compliments each other perfectly. You don't even have to think about what to put together. These have to be my favourite products out of the collection. 

Clockwise starting from the top left: Champagne Pop/Hyacinth, Champagne Pop/Flowerchild, Prosecco Pop/Amaretto, and Prosecco Pop/ Pamplemousse.

Angled Highlighting Brush
I’m always looking for new brushes so when I saw this with the collection I decided I needed to try it. It costs $34 CAD which didn’t completely break the bank for me. I really like how this brush applies the product. I use it to apply my blush first and then go in with my highlight after. I used to feel I would have to put my blush on after my highlight or I would have a harsh line of highlight over my blush. With this brush, everything just blends so seamlessly. None of my other brushes can compete with this one. 
Yes, my photography skills are not the greatest.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites

So November is over, and Christmas is almost here. I'm not the biggest fan of Christmas, and I'm still missing Halloween. But Christmas means new makeup, and I'm all for that. I haven't had time to try new products (or the money), so most of my favourites are older products that I just can't get enough of. This month my skin has been so dry that products I initially thought I loved ended up not working for me anymore. If you live in Canada, you know how horrible our winters are (unless you live in B.C., then you don't understand). This year in Saskatchewan we've had barely any snow, and it hasn't been that cold. But since everything hasn't frozen over, everything hasn't died yet, so my allergies have been horrible. Favourites  My first favourite isn't makeup related which I know, surprising. It's essential oils. I never thought I would jump this hard onto the bandwagon. Because my allergies have been so bad I've been getting a lot

Colour Correcting 101

So it seems colour correcting is the new trendy makeup fad. But it can also be very useful to help complete your look or combat unwanted redness that your foundation just can't cover. I'll go through the most common colour correcting products and explain how they work and what it can do for you. If  you feel like this is too much for you, don't worry it's not necessary. I would only recommend this if you have very problematic skin or want to look completely flawless. I think most brands now have come out with their own colour correcting products, so it shouldn't be hard to pick up a product! So by looking at a basic colour wheel you can see how colour correcting works. The colour you are wanting to combat, you use the colour on the opposite side of the wheel. Even with this basic understanding, you are now an expert on colour correcting! But you can keep reading to see how to use the products for each problem. Source: http://www.westhoughtonartgroup.com/wp-con

Too Faced Sweet Peach Collection

One of the biggest problems I have with Too Faced is that they always release Ulta exclusive palettes. I live in Canada, so I can't get these items, and I'm especially not buying anything from their website and paying almost double for the product because of the exchange rate and duty. But this collection was available at Sephora so I was thrilled I could pick it up. I recently picked up some of the items from this collection. I wanted to get my hands on the eyeshadow palette the first time it came out, but it sold out too quickly that I missed it. This time I picked up the eyeshadow palette and two of the lipglosses. I wanted to get Papa Don't Peach and the contour palette, but I just didn't have the money to buy the entire collection. So I chose the items that I wanted most out of the entire collection. Sweet Peach Eye Shadow Palette $59 I was completely on the fence about if I should purchase this palette or not. I had heard from some people that the palette doe