Skip to main content

My Skincare Routine

This winter my skin has been horrible. I've ended up having to completely change my skincare routine. I've had a lot of breakouts and cystic acne. My skin has also been parched due to the freezing weather we've been having in Saskatchewan. I have combination skin, but in the winter it is extremely dry. Tea tree oil and sheet masks have been my best friend this month. I'll go through in order of how I use the products, and then at the end, I'll list some extra products I use when I deem necessary.

Garnier Micellar Water $8
I'm obsessed with Micellar Water as I think everyone else still is. It removes all my makeup, and I don't have to wash my face afterwards. It's relatively inexpensive, and it lasts quite a long time if you're only using it to remove eye makeup. It's not something I use every day, but if I'm wearing waterproof makeup or a lot of eyeliner, I'll use this before washing my face with my tea tree cleanser.

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash $15
This has been a staple in my life for years. I've tried different cleansers, but I find this one to be the best. If I don't remove my makeup before washing my face, this cleanser gets all my makeup off. Tea tree oil is probably the best for acne prone skin. This cleanser doesn't sting like some other tea tree products do, which I really enjoy.

The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner $14
I don't always use a toner, but sometimes I notice my face getting a lot of redness or discolouration. I also like to use this if I don't use my tea tree skin cleanser and think I haven't taken all my makeup off my skin. The toner definitely has that sting that comes with some tea tree products, but after a while, that feeling goes away.

First Aid Beauty Lotion $35
I've been using this lotion daily since the day I purchased it. I have not strayed from it because this was the only moisturiser that doesn't irritate my skin. It might seem a little pricey but I use it twice a day, and I still haven't run out of it. I prefer scent-free lotions for my face because I feel it causes less irritation. I get bad texture and breakouts, but I found since I started using this cream they are not as bad.

Now let's move onto masks and face treatments. I use one of these every second night. I don't want to overdue it, so I try not to do a treatment every day. Before I use a mask, I always start with my tea tree toner because I want to make sure I have no makeup on my face and it is completely clean.

Dr. Jart+ Water Replenishment Cotton Sheet Mask $9
This is my favourite sheet mask of all time. My skin feels completely refreshed after I use it and I end up with beautiful glowing, dewy skin. If I could afford it, I would use this mask every day of my life.

Dr. Jart+ Pore Minimalist Black Charcoal Sheet Mask $9
I like to use this mask when I'm breaking out, or I feel like my skin just isn't looking the way I want it. I've never had clear skin, so I don't worry if I have a blemish or two. I tend to save these masks until my face starts breaking out horribly or my texture is starting to come back.

Glamglow Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment $79
This is by far my favourite Glamglow mask. I like to wear it overnight and wash it off in the morning. I like any mask that I don't have to worry about, and I don't have to think about washing it off in 20 minutes. I find this mask extremely hydrating and doesn't have a gross smell to it. It's quite expensive but seems to last a while if you just put a thin layer on your skin 2 to 3 times a week.

Glamglow Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment $79
I like to use this mask about once a week. I don't like to over exfoliate my skin because it is already so dry and irritated. I find that using it once a week is enough to keep my skin brightened.

Sephora Collection Green Tea Sleeping Mask $5
This is the first mask I fell in love with. It completely mattifies my face and reduces redness in my skin. It's the most inexpensive mask I use, and it works just as well as some of the other ones. Sephora has 10 other sleeping masks, but this one is by far my favourite.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites

So November is over, and Christmas is almost here. I'm not the biggest fan of Christmas, and I'm still missing Halloween. But Christmas means new makeup, and I'm all for that. I haven't had time to try new products (or the money), so most of my favourites are older products that I just can't get enough of. This month my skin has been so dry that products I initially thought I loved ended up not working for me anymore. If you live in Canada, you know how horrible our winters are (unless you live in B.C., then you don't understand). This year in Saskatchewan we've had barely any snow, and it hasn't been that cold. But since everything hasn't frozen over, everything hasn't died yet, so my allergies have been horrible. Favourites  My first favourite isn't makeup related which I know, surprising. It's essential oils. I never thought I would jump this hard onto the bandwagon. Because my allergies have been so bad I've been getting a lot

Colour Correcting 101

So it seems colour correcting is the new trendy makeup fad. But it can also be very useful to help complete your look or combat unwanted redness that your foundation just can't cover. I'll go through the most common colour correcting products and explain how they work and what it can do for you. If  you feel like this is too much for you, don't worry it's not necessary. I would only recommend this if you have very problematic skin or want to look completely flawless. I think most brands now have come out with their own colour correcting products, so it shouldn't be hard to pick up a product! So by looking at a basic colour wheel you can see how colour correcting works. The colour you are wanting to combat, you use the colour on the opposite side of the wheel. Even with this basic understanding, you are now an expert on colour correcting! But you can keep reading to see how to use the products for each problem. Source: http://www.westhoughtonartgroup.com/wp-con

Too Faced Sweet Peach Collection

One of the biggest problems I have with Too Faced is that they always release Ulta exclusive palettes. I live in Canada, so I can't get these items, and I'm especially not buying anything from their website and paying almost double for the product because of the exchange rate and duty. But this collection was available at Sephora so I was thrilled I could pick it up. I recently picked up some of the items from this collection. I wanted to get my hands on the eyeshadow palette the first time it came out, but it sold out too quickly that I missed it. This time I picked up the eyeshadow palette and two of the lipglosses. I wanted to get Papa Don't Peach and the contour palette, but I just didn't have the money to buy the entire collection. So I chose the items that I wanted most out of the entire collection. Sweet Peach Eye Shadow Palette $59 I was completely on the fence about if I should purchase this palette or not. I had heard from some people that the palette doe