Skip to main content

Too Faced Sweet Peach Collection

One of the biggest problems I have with Too Faced is that they always release Ulta exclusive palettes. I live in Canada, so I can't get these items, and I'm especially not buying anything from their website and paying almost double for the product because of the exchange rate and duty. But this collection was available at Sephora so I was thrilled I could pick it up.

I recently picked up some of the items from this collection. I wanted to get my hands on the eyeshadow palette the first time it came out, but it sold out too quickly that I missed it. This time I picked up the eyeshadow palette and two of the lipglosses. I wanted to get Papa Don't Peach and the contour palette, but I just didn't have the money to buy the entire collection. So I chose the items that I wanted most out of the entire collection.

Sweet Peach Eye Shadow Palette $59
I was completely on the fence about if I should purchase this palette or not. I had heard from some people that the palette doesn't actually smell like peaches and it may not be worth it. Despite the negative reviews I still wanted to try it out for myself because the colours just looked beautiful. The colours are really pigmented and blend well. After my disappointment with the Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette, I haven't had high expectations for Too Faced. Even their other two chocolate scented palettes aren't especially pigmented. This palette is completely different from the rest. I was so surprised with how beautiful the shadows were. I can't wear all the colours right now because I'm so pale in the winter and it just washes me out. But I still try to use it as much as possible because I'm  in love with it. The peach scent is beautiful and subtle while applying the shadows but still smells so sweet.  I would highly recommend picking up this palette if you can find it. I think it will be a great palette for spring and summer.

Sweet Peach Creamy Peach Oil Lip Gloss $24
I'm one person that really dislikes lipgloss. But sometimes I wish I had a lipgloss to go with a look when matte lipstick just isn't working. I'm opening to trying different glosses even though I always end up hating them because I just can't stand wearing anything sticky. But these are anything but sticky. They feel like a lip balm, but it looks like a gloss. I love it because it's finally a gloss I can stand wearing. To start with I decided to only try two of them. The first two I purchased were Peach Fuzz which is a beautiful nude and Pure Peach which is a true peachy pink colour. Since getting them, I have worn them all day every day. I never thought I could love a gloss this much in my life. These have actually changed how I see lipgloss.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November Favourites

So November is over, and Christmas is almost here. I'm not the biggest fan of Christmas, and I'm still missing Halloween. But Christmas means new makeup, and I'm all for that. I haven't had time to try new products (or the money), so most of my favourites are older products that I just can't get enough of. This month my skin has been so dry that products I initially thought I loved ended up not working for me anymore. If you live in Canada, you know how horrible our winters are (unless you live in B.C., then you don't understand). This year in Saskatchewan we've had barely any snow, and it hasn't been that cold. But since everything hasn't frozen over, everything hasn't died yet, so my allergies have been horrible. Favourites  My first favourite isn't makeup related which I know, surprising. It's essential oils. I never thought I would jump this hard onto the bandwagon. Because my allergies have been so bad I've been getting a lot

Colour Correcting 101

So it seems colour correcting is the new trendy makeup fad. But it can also be very useful to help complete your look or combat unwanted redness that your foundation just can't cover. I'll go through the most common colour correcting products and explain how they work and what it can do for you. If  you feel like this is too much for you, don't worry it's not necessary. I would only recommend this if you have very problematic skin or want to look completely flawless. I think most brands now have come out with their own colour correcting products, so it shouldn't be hard to pick up a product! So by looking at a basic colour wheel you can see how colour correcting works. The colour you are wanting to combat, you use the colour on the opposite side of the wheel. Even with this basic understanding, you are now an expert on colour correcting! But you can keep reading to see how to use the products for each problem. Source: http://www.westhoughtonartgroup.com/wp-con